10 Tips for Attending the Richmond Wedding Expo
We are just a few days away from our Winter Expo at Altria Theater!
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been posting all sorts of tips for getting the most out of the Expo on social media. In case you’ve missed any of those, we’ve compiled our favorite tips & tricks below!
AND . . . if you’re curious about EXACTLY what will happen at the Expo, we’ve got a step-by-step guide for you HERE! It will walk you through everything from parking to walking through the door to attending our super fun fashion show!
So, let’s get you ready to attend the Richmond Wedding Expo this Sunday!
1. Create a new email account designated for all things weddings! You can also use this email when you enter wedding contests or promotional drawings. Save your regular email address for the vendors you actually hire.
2. Pre-register before the show: Save time at the door. Skip the line, register now and buy tickets HERE!
3. Do your research: Check out the vendors that are expected to exhibit in the show. Visit their websites to get a feel of their style and pricing. This will help you eliminate vendors that don’t fit your budget and/or style.
4. Wear comfy shoes: You’ll be doing more walking than you may expect, so be sure to wear your walking shoes!
5. Give yourself plenty of time: Be prepared to spend 2-5 hours at the show. There will be A LOT to see and many vendors to speak with. By having a game plan in place you will save yourself valuable time.
BONUS! Remember, you can purchase an Early Entry ticket that will allow you to enter the Expo at 11:00AM — a full 90 minutes before General Admission! This $20 option will give you more intimate time to chat with vendors and see the show!
6. Make a game plan: Make a list of wedding services you need and have an estimated budget for each service. Need help? Often times, you’ll find a wedding planner that will give you a complimentary consult and help you determine your priorities. Remember, you can check HERE to find a list of all the vendors you’ll see at the show on Sunday!
7. Bring pre-printed labels: Include your name, wedding date, wedding location, mailing address and wedding email address that you can have readily available to give each of the vendors you meet. They will LOVE you for it!
8. Bring your calendar: Be ready to schedule appointments with the vendors you are interested in working with! Be sure to have your planner ready!
9. Have a good breakfast/lunch: Fuel your body before the show so you can be at your best! Concessions at Altria will also be available with light snacks and cocktails!
10. Share the fun! We don’t recommend bringing a huge entourage, but you should bring your fiance, your mom, your sister, your maid-of-honor — someone who will enjoy the experience and help you stay on track!