Bridal Salon Survival Guide: How to Nail Your Appointment!
Your bridal appointment is one of the most exciting and memorable moments in the wedding planning process! It’s THE time when you can try on different wedding dresses and find the perfect one for your special day. But if you’ve never been to a bridal salon before, you may be wondering what to expect. In this article, we’ll walk you through what you can expect at your upcoming bridal appointments.
- Research! The first thing you should do before your appointment is to look at all the different bridal salons in your area. Make sure you check their reviews and search for pictures of their inventory to get an idea of the dresses they carry. It’s also super important to call ahead and make an appointment, most bridal salons require you to schedule a visit in advance, and they can be the most prepared to make your shopping trip extra special.
2. Look your best! You want to feel the absolute MOST confident you can on your wedding shopping day! Whether this means getting your nails done, putting on some extra makeup, or wearing your favorite shoes, you want to feel good. This won’t only help your confidence, but it will also help you envision what you will look like walking down the aisle!
3. Don’t freak out! When you arrive at the salon, you’ll likely be greeted by a consultant who will guide you through the appointment. They’ll ask you questions about your wedding, such as the date, venue, and theme, to get an idea of what type of dress would work best for your special day. They may also ask you about your personal style and preferences to help narrow down the selection. If you haven’t figured some of that information out yet, don’t stress! The consultants will help guide you through the entire process and you may even receive unexpected game-changing advice!
4. Come prepared! Each salon will have a price range of the gowns. Bridal gowns can range from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the designer and style. It’s important to have a budget in mind before your appointment so that you can narrow down the selection to dresses within your price range.
5. Be open-minded! You’ll typically be allowed to bring a few close friends or family members to help you with the process. The opinions of your loved ones are great, but don’t let that overshadow your own! It can be easy to want your entire bridal party, parents, grandparents, in-laws, etc.. there with you, but it’s best to give them a phone call, text, facetime, or invite them to your follow-up appointment so you don’t get overwhelmed! It’s important to keep in mind that not all dresses will look the same on the hanger as they do on your body. Don’t be afraid to try on dresses that you may not have considered before, as they may surprise you. The gown that makes you think ‘never in a million years’ could be your perfect gown!
6. Give yourself time! You will almost ALWAYS have to have extra alterations done to your gown and this takes time. It’s important to keep in mind, so be sure to factor this into your wedding planning timeline! Don’t be afraid to ask questions during your appointment. Your consultant is there to help you find the perfect dress, so feel free to ask about different styles, fabrics, and designers. You may also want to ask about the ordering process and timeline, as some dresses may need to be ordered months in advance.
7. Your bridal salon appointment is a special and exciting moment in your wedding planning process. By researching different salons, bringing a few close friends or family members, and keeping an open mind, you’re sure to find the perfect dress for your special day. Be sure to ask questions, have a budget in mind, and enjoy the process – it’s a memory you’ll cherish for years to come.
Here are a few salons for you to choose from. Make sure you call first, as all (or most) require an appointment to give you the best possible experience.
Tiffanys Bridal 804-273-6303
1517-D North Parham Road, Richmond, VA
Blue Sage Bridal 804-562-7008
20 E Main St, Richmond VA
Caryn’s Bridals 434-392-5111
233 N Main St, Farmville, VA
Bella Bridesmaids 804-658-0105
5712 Patterson Ave, Richmond, VA
Lex’s of Carytown 804-355-5425
3018 W Cary St, Richmond, VA
Leora Bridal 804-892-8433
5503 Ruffin Rd, Prince George, VA 23875