Submit a Real Richmond Wedding
Thank you for choosing Richmond Weddings™ to feature your wedding or engagement session!
It is very important for us to present original content to our readers. We ask that the wedding you are submitting has not been featured on any other blog (local or national) or any print publications. Please see our exclusivity agreement below for more details.
If you are submitting for a blog feature, please allow up to 21 business days for us to respond. For print, the timeframe will be closer to publication date. (we publish in January and July) If we choose to accept your submission for the blog, it will be posted within 120 days. We receive an abundant amount of submissions daily, so if you do not hear back from us, please feel free to submit elsewhere.
Submissions are open year-round for our magazines and blog. An important note, submissions are only accepted if they are under one year old.
*PLEASE NOTE, SUBMISSIONS SENT AFTER September 17, 2019 WILL GO ONTO THE CONSIDERATION LIST FOR OUR July 2020 ISSUE.* Our January 2020 issue close date for submissions September 17, 2019.
Should we not accept your submission, please understand it only means that we may not be the best fit for your wedding or engagement at this time. Do not be discouraged – try submitting to other outlets!
We are Richmond Weddings™, so we only accept weddings from the Greater Richmond area. We may, from time to time, make an exception based on the location, or the couples tie to the Richmond area.
Please note: At this time, we are not accepting styled shoots.
What we LOVE!
- Weddings or engagement shoots that showcase RVA. Did your love story blossom in Richmond? Did your wedding take place at a classic Richmond venue? We want to show off our beautiful city!
- Details, details and more details. Especially photos of personal touches. Along with florals, invitation suites, reception tables, cakes, sweet moments, etc.
- Good mix of vertical and horizontal
What we don’t love:
- A submission that is made up of all bride & groom portraits
- Poor photography quality
- A submission that shows NO detail shots of florals, paper goods, unique favors, etc.
- Entire photo albums – try to narrow down to your favorites to 25. If we accept your submission, we will reach out to you for a broader selection.
Please click above to download our Richmond Weddings™ Badge to use on your website after you are featured online or in print. It will open in new window. You will need to right click and save to your computer. The badge is 1000 x 1000px and is a transparent .png file.