Submit a Real Richmond Wedding
Thank you for choosing Richmond Weddings to feature your wedding or engagement session!
It is very important for us to present original content to our readers. We would prefer that the wedding you are submitting has not been featured on any other blog (local or national), including your own or any of the other vendors involved. Please see our exclusivity agreement below with more details.
If you are submitting for a blog feature, please allow up to 14 business days for us to respond. For print, the timeframe will be closer to publish date. (we publish in January and July) If we choose to accept your submission for the blog, it will be posted within 90 days. We receive an abundant amount of submissions daily, so if you do not hear back from us, please feel free to submit elsewhere.
Submissions have closed for the January 2018 issue, but we are still taking weddings for the blog if they are under one year old.
Should we not accept your submission, please understand it only means that we may not be the best fit for your wedding or engagement at this time.
We are Richmond Weddings, so we only accept weddings from the Greater Richmond area. We may, from time to time, make an exception based on the location, or the couples tie to the Richmond area.
Please note: At this time, we are not accepting styled shoots.
What we LOVE!
- Weddings or engagement shoots that showcase RVA. Did your love story blossom in Richmond? Did your wedding take place at a classic Richmond venue? We want to show off our beautiful city!
- Details, details and more details. Especially photos of personal touches. Along with florals, invitation suites, reception tables, cakes, sweet moments, etc.
- Good mix of vertical and horizontal
What we don’t love:
- A submission that is made up of all bride & groom portraits
- Poor photography quality
- A submission that shows NO detail shots of florals, paper goods, unique favors, etc.
Please click above to download our Richmond Weddings Badge to use on your website after you are featured online or in print. It will open in new window. You will need to right click and save to your computer. The badge is 1000x1000px and is a transparent .png file.