Submit a Real Richmond Wedding
Thank you for choosing Richmond Weddings™ to feature your wedding or engagement session! (We are not accepting styled shoots at this time.) Submissions are open year-round for our magazines and blog.
If you are submitting for a blog feature, please allow up to 21 business days for us to respond. For print, the response will be closer to publication date (January and July). If we accept your submission for the blog, it will be posted within 120 days. We receive an abundant amount of submissions daily, so if you do not hear back from us, please feel free to submit elsewhere.
Below are some parameters that must be met for the wedding to be considered.
• It has not been featured or submitted to any other blogs, websites, or publications.
• It is less than one year old.
• It took place in the Greater Richmond area.
• The couple and photographer must give permission.
• All vendors must be credited.
• The wedding was not a part of a previous photo bank (pertains to RW members only).
Please understand that not all submissions are chosen. Do not be discouraged – try submitting to other outlets!
*PLEASE NOTE, SUBMISSIONS SENT AFTER March 25, 2020 WILL GO ONTO THE CONSIDERATION LIST FOR OUR January 2021 ISSUE.*
Our July 2020 issue close date for submissions is March 25, 2020.
What we LOVE!
- Weddings or engagement shoots that showcase RVA. Did your love story blossom in Richmond? We want to show off our beautiful city!
- Details, details and more details. Especially photos of personal touches. Along with florals, invitation suites, reception tables, cakes, sweet moments, etc.
- Good mix of vertical and horizontal images
What we don’t love:
- Only bride & groom portraits
- Poor photography quality
- NO detail shots of florals, paper goods, unique favors, etc.
- Entire photo albums – try to narrow it down to your 25 favorites
Please click the image above to download our Richmond Weddings™ Badge to use on your website after you are featured online or in print. It will open in a new window. You will need to right click and save it to your computer. The badge is 1000 x 1000px and is a transparent PNG file.