Honeymoon Tips on a Budget
Champagne Taste, Beer Budget: How to Afford the Tropical Honeymoon of Your Dreams
By Christine Hardenberger, Owner of Modern Travel Professionals
Alright lovebirds, you’ve splurged on the perfect dress, the freshest flowers, the fanciest venue, the mouth-watering caterer, the talented photographer, and the jamming DJ. You’re ready to head to a tropical island for a honeymoon to remember…but hold up, the price tag for that over-the-water villa in the Maldives is giving you a heart attack! You’ve had the wedding of your dreams and you deserve a fabulous honeymoon too, even on a budget.
Yes, you can still have an unforgettable tropical honeymoon without breaking the bank. If your dreams don’t match your wallet, there are a few things you can do to make the honeymoon more affordable:
- Book early – Don’t wait until the last-minute thinking you’ll get some magical deal. No, no, no. The earlier you book, the better the pricing. And if the price drops later on, you can usually adjust the cost. Win-win, right?
- Stay closer to home – Sure, the Maldives may be calling your name, but a similar villa in the Caribbean will cost a fraction of the price. You still get the same experience without the hefty bill.
- Be flexible with dates – If you’re getting married in the tropical high season (read: winter), you can save a bundle by postponing the honeymoon for a few months. Tropical travel in the off-season can cost up to 50% less than traveling during the colder months.
- Put the honeymoon on layaway – Yes, layaway is still a thing. Many vacation packages and cruises allow you to confirm a trip with just a small deposit and pay over time. So, you can still have that dream honeymoon without going broke.
- Choose a popular destination – Popular destinations such as Jamaica and Mexico have more flights and resorts which result in a lower overall cost. Don’t confuse “popular” with “crowded.” There are plenty of boutique resorts available if you’re looking for something unique!
- Set up a honeymoon registry – If you don’t need any more sheets or pots, why not set up a honeymoon registry and let guests help pay for the experience?
- Use a travel advisor – A travel agent that specializes in tropical honeymoons will ensure you get the best deal, some extra perks, and all the available discounts.
There you have it. You don’t need a Kardashian-sized budget to have the tropical honeymoon of your dreams. Just follow these tips and you’ll be on a tropical beach sipping piña coladas in no time!
Christine Hardenberger is the owner of Modern Travel Professionals, a full-service travel agency. With over 12 years’ experience planning destination weddings and honeymoons, Christine ensures that this once-in-a-lifetime trip is stress-free. Contact Christine at 804-453-TRIP (8747) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out her website at www.travelprochristine.com.