Wedding Tips | Choosing Your Wedding Colors
Spectacular Colors | Elevating Your Wedding Palette
By Tommy Waters, The Renaisance
Five easy ways to incorporate your colors into the wedding reception:
- Flowers: With the help of an educated florist, it’s super easy to choose a flower that will accentuate the colors you have chosen for your wedding day.
- Linens: Tablecloths, napkins, chair covers, runners, and overlays. With linens, there are quite a few ways to present your colors that are centered around guest tables and chairs. Typically, a planner and venue can help decide on the perfect combination of colored linens for the reception.
- Lighting: Lighting is so “on trend” right now! And it’s a great way to apply colors to walls, ceilings, and floors for your chosen reception venue. Some of the new lights can do upwards of 200+ colors so choosing the right one should be easy! Be sure to hire someone that knows all the nuances of each venue.
- Table Numbers: Gone are the days of being forced to use the old black-and-white table numbers! You can easily find hundreds of ways to number guest tables using the chosen color scheme. A simple search on Pinterest will produce lots of options to choose from.
- China Patterns and Chargers: Most China patterns will come in beautiful ivory or white and will look good on the tables. You can choose a colored charger to go under the first course’s plate to add a little pop of color.
So, there you have it, 5 easy ways to incorporate your color scheme! If this starts to stress you out, just remember to keep it simple. Stick with 2-5 colors using them consistently and smartly. This will create a seamless color pattern throughout the day and will make sure your wedding day images are amazing!
Thomas (everyone calls him Tommy) Waters is with The Renaissance, an all-inclusive wedding ceremony and reception venue based in downtown Richmond’s exciting Arts District. To learn more about The Renaissance, please visit www. renaissanceva.com.