Whether you’re traditional or not, most of you have dreamt of the perfect wedding gown since you were little. Many spend countless hours searching for that perfect one before saying yes to the dress. The wedding gown you choose may end up being one of the larger expenses. Capture that feeling of looking your best with a bridal portrait session!
By Debra Shepperson with Relish Photography
Here are a few reasons to make room for bridal portraits in the budget:
- Preserve your moment in time as a bride in a relaxed setting rather than trying to add one more activity to an already busy wedding day.
- Create an heirloom fine art portrait to have on display at the reception. Gift it to your parents or hang it at home to eventually share with future children!
- Enjoy extra time wearing your wedding gown and garter belt, while trying out favorite poses. Use this time to get comfortable carrying the bouquet, and getting photos taken with and without a veil.
To prepare for the session:
- Schedule a test run with your hair and makeup artist so there is an opportunity to consider different types of styles.
- Schedule a date with your future spouse post portrait session since your hair and makeup will already be flawless!
- Ask your florist to make a sample bouquet for the session versus a full-size bouquet.
- Have your engagement ring cleaned beforehand, for sparkly perfection.
Another benefit of a bridal portrait session is finding kinks that might need to be worked out before the big day.
Things such as:
- Finding a few minor adjustments that need to be made to the wedding gown.
- Realizing the initial hairstyle isn’t going to work. Maybe it was too hot with your hair down, or maybe the updo looked better.
- Planning for different undergarments that are more comfortable than the trial set.
- Discovering you need more comfortable shoes!
- Deciding whether or not to wear a veil.
During the wedding planning process, it’s important to make time for yourself, making sure not to get lost in the stress. Treat yourself to bridal portraits! More than just a gift to your fiancé or family, this will be a gift to yourself. 50 years from now, grandchildren will marvel at your beauty, and everyone will be happy a bridal portrait was done!
Debra Shepperson is Co-Owner of Relish Photography by Lee, a full-service wedding and portrait photography company. To learn more about the Relish’s wedding collections and services, please visit www.relishphotosbylee.com. ALL PHOTOS FROM RELISH PHOTOGRAPHY BY LEE taken at Virginia Cliffe Inn.