By Paula Ramirez with Historic Mankin Mansion
After all the uncertainty of the past year, we can all look forward toward knowing what’s ahead in the wedding world for 2022. Here are some of the top trends we will see in the coming season.
1. FRESH faces. A sweet trend for the season is to ditch the heavy traditional pancake makeup for a light and more natural look. It’s always best to let your inside beauty shine through on the big day.
2. Accessorize YOUR way. While wearing a sentimental family heirloom will always be in fashion, try mixing it up a bit. Adding a piece or two that speaks to who you are stylistically will be a perfect pairing of the old and new!
3. Less is MORE. When it comes to wedding parties, no one should feel pressured into including everyone. Try pairing down the party to only the chosen few besties. Your time together will be more authentic and truly special.
4. Celebrate OUTDOORS. While we all navigate through this new normal of selective social distancing, the more open-air events that can be incorporated into the wedding festivities, the better! Be sure to have a weather backup plan in place just in case, and then hope for blue skies. Whether a garden affair or an evening under the stars, guests will appreciate your efforts to keep loved ones safe.
5. LOSE the formalities. Instead of following suit with plated formal assigned seating, opt for a more fluid cocktail-style reception. Having a mix of high and low tables, combined with gorgeous vintage lounge vignettes will not only encourage mingling, but it will be sure to keep the dance floor packed all night long!
Paula Ramirez is the Proprietor of Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding & Event Estate. Paula and her husband Martin have lovingly restored this National Landmark to its original grandeur and are honored to share the treasured estate for events. Paula, Martin, and the Mansion have been featured in Forbes, Orbitz, Travel Channel, MSNBC, Martha Stewart Weddings, Oprah Magazine, Huffington Post, New York Times, and Apple TV.