By. Emilie Ellis Hygienist with Cosmetic and Laser Dental Spa of Richmond
To prepare for your wedding day, it is encouraged to do an initial consult with an orthodontist or dentist approximately one year in advance. This allows enough time to know when to start each step and gives plenty of notice for preparation. Each procedure or treatment is easy to maintain, straightforward, and comfortable. Here are some common ones couples do to get their smile camera ready!
– An invisible and innovative way to straighten your smile without the restrictions of traditional braces. Most cases typically last six months or less.
– A natural, non-surgical, and non-invasive method to plump and shape lips without the risks and discomforts of fillers. It is recommended to start Liplase 2-3 months before the wedding day.
– Also a natural, non-surgical, and non-invasive option, this lifts, tightens, and rejuvenates skin around the lips, mouth, and chin. Depending on your age it is recommended to begin Smoothlase treatments at least six months prior to your wedding day.
4. Premiere Whitening
– A personalized experience to give a brighter, healthier looking smile. This should be started at least three months before your pre-wedding photos.
5. Smile Design
– Create and shape the stunning smile you have always desired. The initial consult should be anywhere from six months to one year ahead of the wedding day.
Each of these treatments can help to not only make you smile bigger and brighter, but also can keep the mouth healthy at the same time. They reduce cavity risks and tooth loss while giving the smile you’ve always wanted!
Emilie Ellis is a Registered Dental Hygienist who has been practicing for 10 years. She works with Dr. Sarah Wilmer at Cosmetic and Laser Dental Spa of Richmond, serves as a leader in the Virginia Dental Hygienists’ Association, and teaches at VCU School of Dentistry. For more info on how Dr. Wilmer and Emilie can help enhance your smile, please visit sarahwilmerdds.com.