Here Comes the Groom!
By Debbie Miller with Sunshine Events by Debbie
Grooms are getting more and more involved in the planning of their weddings. We know you’ve had this day planned since you were little and know exactly how you want your day to play out. But, you’re going to need all the help you can get. Give your groom some duties to help them feel more invested in the big day, and you much less stressed!
YOU KNOW YOUR HONEY’S STRONG POINTS. USE THEM!
Besides the usual tasks of choosing and providing gifts for the groomsmen, planning the rehearsal dinner and honeymoon, here are some other ways they can help:
- MAKE PHONE CALLS to vendors to get package information – Let him weed out the vendors and provide a list of top providers.
- TRACK RSVP’S – This can be very stressful with everything else you have to do. Let him make those last-minute calls!
- Include them in the DESIGN/LAYOUT MEETING – He could have some great ideas on logistics!
- CREATE A SIGNATURE DRINK and assist with choosing the overall bar selections.
- Create a special PLAYLIST for the night. Is there a song that means something to him? Task him with creating a ‘must playlist’ and a ‘must-not playlist’ for your DJ.
Remember that it’s a team effort when it comes to planning a wedding. Let your sweetheart take the reins on these little things. Both of you will feel more involved and you’ll have one less “to-do” on your ever-growing list!
Debbie Miller is the Owner of Sunshine Events by Debbie, a full-service wedding and event planning company. To learn more, please visit www.sunshineeventsbydebbie.com.